Today’s Challenge to Create Quality Video Content
Why is Video Content Marketing so important?
Consumers are increasingly becoming more visual; they look to video content to easily access and absorb information. In our fast-paced world, consumers look to video content to educate, inform, and entertain them. In fact, 78% of people watch videos online every week, and 55% of those people watch videos every day. Furthermore, 72% of consumers are using video to learn about a product rather than reading text. Having a solid video marketing strategy in your business is clearly essential in today’s competitive landscape. The same is true for the Fitness Industry, just like any other industry, where consumers visually consume information. In this article, we will consider the biggest challenge in video content marketing and how you can overcome it to build a robust video content marketing strategy for your gym.
Video content marketing has become very popular because it’s so effective at reaching audiences in a meaningful way. However, because of the rise in popularity, the internet is flooded with video content. Therefore, making it hard to find your voice and stand out. Creating unique, engaging content that people want to consume and share with others is incredibly challenging. But have no fear, I got you. Consider the following to get started with your video content strategy for your gym.
(1) Define a clear objective: Like any good marketing communication, start with the message that you’re trying to communicate. For your gym, this might look like this:
- Special promotion for members to improve member retention
- Special promotion for 1st timers to get new members to try the studio/gym
- A member highlight to encourage building an online community for your club
(2) Design with your target audience in mind: Who are you talk to? Can your audience easily interpret your message? How can you design a communication piece that will connect with them?
(3) Stay on top of trends: There’s always a new trend on the internet. Can you leverage a current trend for video content? Make sure that it is relevant to your audience. For example, a big trend in the fitness space right now is fitness challenges. Fitness challenges are a great way to make shareable content.
4) Track & measure your results: This is probably the most important tip. To better understand how effectively you are connecting with your audience, you need to track your results. It helps to define what a successful performance looks like to you. Consider performing an A/B test on your content to understand what content is doing better and why. If you don’t track and measure your results, you could be missing out on a lot of valuable data and insights.
As you can see, video content marketing is an effective tool to reach your audience, connect with them in a meaningful way, and hopefully persuade them to come to try your gym or studio. And the great thing is that today video content marketing is accessible to all companies, big or small. You don’t need a big fancy production team to make quality content for your audience. If you stay true to your objective, always consider your audience, evaluate trends, and track success, you will begin to master your video content marketing strategy.